Welcome new clients! Please get started with a remote or in person initial individual private session so we can assess your dog's needs and goals and determine the best fit services moving forward.
If you live outside Austin city limits, please let us know at the time of booking so we can be sure we're able to accommodate in person services at your home.
INITIAL INDIVIDUAL PRIVATE SESSION
A flexible, first private session with you and your dog focused on assessing and navigating individual needs, identifying goals, and laying out a plan to reach them. Includes individual written training planREQUEST
INITIAL VIDEO CONFERENCING CONSULT
The same session format as our traditional Initial Individual Private Session but conducted over Zoom or FaceTime. This option is available to both local and long distance clients.REQUEST
Individual Training Options
PRIVATE IN PERSON FOLLOW-UP
A private in person follow-up to help troubleshoot and adapt your dog's training plan and practice skills you need more support with.REQUEST
REMOTE VIDEO CONFERENCING FOLLOW-UP
The same session format as our traditional Private In Person Follow-Up but conducted over Zoom or FaceTime. This option is available to both local and long distance clients.REQUEST
ABBREVIATED PRIVATE FOLLOW-UP
An abbreviated private follow-up session for training needs that work better with a shorter timeframe. This session may not last longer than 30min.REQUEST
WHILE YOU WERE OUT VISIT
Individualized attention for your dog while you’re busy at work. out of town, or just in need of a little extra help. We’ll integrate enrichment and training/behavior modification goals in a way that’s tailored to your dog’s needs.REQUEST
Classes and Shared Services
SHARED BUDDY SESSION
Pair up with another client pup working on their dog/dog skills to practice things like leash reactivity, appropriate greetings, and supported appropriate social interaction.REQUEST
JUST FOR FUN SKILLS AND GAMES CLASS
This is a special class series for our alumni to keep their skills fresh, get out and about working around people and other dogs, learn new things to try at home, and most importantly...to have fun!REQUEST
MONTHLY ADVENTURE GROUPS
Join us for supported adventures around town with built in skill building activities, coaching and guidance throughout the outing, and plenty of fun and encouragement. Groups are capped at 4 dogs to ensure each dog/handler team gets individual attention and locations and activities are selected with our dog’ needs in mind. Groups include Leash Gremlins, Shy Dogs, and Rowdy Dogs.REQUEST
PUPSTARTS GROUP CLASS (NEW!)
Puppy antics starting to wear a little thin? PUPSTARTS is for puppies aged 3-5 months who need a little help on their pupward trend toward adulthood.
This isn't your typical basic obedience class. Instead, we'll work on things busy families need most: foundational behaviors that help puppies develop into calm, well-mannered adults.Learn More
Webinars and Workshops
The following are available to book as pre-recorded webinars (coming soon!) for $30/attendee, live webinars for $45/attendee (minimum of 5 attendees in a group), or in-person workshops (when COVID restrictions allow, minimum of 5 attendees in a group) for $65/attendee. All options include a copy of the presentation handout. New topics will continue to be added as they're available!
UNDERSTANDING AND TREATING REACTIVITY
Our #teamleashgremlin crew comes in all shapes and sizes and this webinar is for them and all those who love them. We will dig deep into what reactivity looks like, what can cause it, what we can do to treat and manage it through supportive strategies, formal training set-ups, and practical everyday life situations, and how we can prevent reactivity from defining our relationships with our dogs and ensure we're living our fullest and most enjoyable lives together.REQUEST
WORKING AND LIVING WITH AROUSAL ISSUES
This webinar will go beyond the average wild child dogs to discuss dogs with more significant challenges with emotional regulation, settling indoors, and coping with the outside world.REQUEST
HELP FOR FEARFUL DOGS
Fear issues come in many different shapes and sizes and we will be discussing both dogs with more generalized fear/anxiety issues and dogs with more specific contextual fear issues. This webinar will also include defensive aggression.REQUEST
This webinar will discuss in detail more typical resource guarding of items like food and toys but will primarily focus on more complex guarding issues including generalized guarding, guarding of space and bonded humans, and what treatment and management looks like for guarding behaviors.REQUEST
In Person Appointment Protocol for COVID-19
- Our team is fully vaccinated and we will be resuming more of our regular services with more flexible social distancing guidelines in place. As the vaccine rollout progresses and the situation evolves, we will likely update this protocol further.
- Appointments and hand-offs for field trip pick-ups will still take place primarily outdoors. However, if you are also vaccinated or willing to remain masked, we will begin accommodating limited indoor session time when needed. Please meet your trainer outside of your home or at an alternate prearranged outdoor location.
- We will still accommodate and may request at least 6 feet of distance throughout the appointment depending on individual circumstances and the situation on the ground.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, please wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose for the duration of the hand off or appointment.
- Please note that your trainer may choose to wear a mask for some or all of the appointment depending on individual preference and the situation on the ground. We will begin making standard exception for the direct dog interaction portion of the appointment as the situation allows so if you are uncomfortable with your trainer being maskless, please let us know.
- There are no exceptions to this protocol. If you are unable or unwilling to follow this protocol, please do not book in person services with us. If we arrive for an appointment and you are unwilling to follow the protocol, your appointment will be cancelled without refund.
- Please note that if the situation on the ground changes due to a new variant or any other factors that increase risk, we may pull back to remote only services or more stringent social distancing guidelines once again.